Vitamins that Help with Toenail Fungus
In searching for a nail fungus cure, many people forget the most important one already in their possession: their immune system. Nail fungus lives under the nail plate, which can make it challenging for topical toenail fungus medication to reach it. However, one fighting force the fungus can’t run away from is the body’s internal fungal killers the white blood cells. There are a number of vitamins and minerals you can consume that will boost immune system function and strengthen nails which, in turn, will assist in eradicating the fungal infection.
Natural Treatment for Nail Fungus
Here are just a few vitamins to take that may provide assistance in your quest to eliminate your toenail fungus infection:
- Folic Acid: Also called vitamin B9 or folate, this vitamin is necessary for a number of bodily processes including synthesizing and repairing DNA, cell growth and division, and the production of healthy red blood cells. Leafy green vegetables, legumes, egg yolks, sunflower seeds, orange juice, and cantaloupe are good dietary sources of this vitamin.
- Biotin: Known in the nutrition community as vitamin B7, biotin is necessary for the production of healthy strong nails. In fact, it is frequently recommended by doctors to treat brittle nails and also nail infections. Eating Swiss chard, liver, peanuts, and leafy green vegetables is a good way to add this vitamin to your diet.
- Niacin: This is another vitamin needed in the production of healthy nails. Called vitamin B3, niacin is an essential human nutrient that can also improve mood and alleviate anxiety. This vitamin is found in chicken, peanuts, legumes, liver, fish, and fortified cereals.
- Pantothenic Acid: Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) promotes healthy hair, skin, and nails. It also assists the body in fighting off infections and fungi. A major source of this vitamin is in meat. However, whole grains, broccoli, avocados, and most other fruits and vegetables have sufficient amounts of B5.
- Vitamin C: Not much really needs to be said about vitamin C as it is a well-known immune system booster that fortifies the body to fight off all sorts of diseases including the common cold. Citrus fruits are good sources of this vitamin. It can also be found in broccoli, kiwi fruit, melon, and blueberries.
- Vitamin E: This fat-soluble vitamin is found in a variety of health and beauty products. It is good for improving skin and hair most likely because it helps stimulate and improve blood circulation. This is necessary for delivering water and nutrients to all parts of the body, particularly those affected by disease. Vitamin E can be found in kale, eggs, sunflower seeds, and spinach.
Not everyone is able to eat a healthy diet. Luckily, all of these vitamins are available as supplements. You can take them individually or as part of a daily multivitamin pill.
Home Remedies for Nail Fungus
Good nutrition plays only a supplementary role in the fight to get rid of nail fungus. If you want to know how to treat nail fungus without resorting to laser nail fungus removal or some other expensive and ineffective treatment, then check out our reviews of the top nail fungus removal products available. These products are made with natural ingredients so you don’t have to worry about side effects when using them. Best of all, they have been proven to work. Go to the homepage to see what works best.